Seems I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Drew of Write-brained Ramblings, which seems to be an effort to help bloggers with small followings become bloggers with less small followings. Was I not supposed to be so blunt? Alas. That’s how I am about this sort of thing. At any rate, The questions are entertaining, so I’m participating. I hope none of the people I’ve nominated object. 🙂
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. What is your biggest passion?
Clearly, it’s writing. I’ve been doing it nearly since I learned to read. I talked about that in my inaugural post here.
2. What is your best piece of advice for pursuing your dreams?
Get off your ass and do it, and no whining. In our house, we follow the mantra of “Whining bad, tree pretty”, which is a variation on Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s “fire bad, tree pretty” statement that has stuck with me.
3. What were your goals when starting your blog? Are you achieving them? Have they changed?
Someone told me I needed to have a blog to be a serious author. I jumped into this more or less unwillingly, with a blank page staring at me, daring me to say something that other people might care about. Once I decided to start The Baker of Brennan, it became much more fun, and now I enjoy taking the time to post stuff here. Since that’s what writing is to me (something I enjoy doing so much I could be considered a workaholic), it has vastly exceeded my expectations.
4. What is your favorite cereal?
Generally, I’m not a big cereal person. All the cereals that are super-yummy are also super bad for you, alas. Most mornings, I eat off-brand o’s mixed with off-brand honey nut o’s, some sort of crunchy chia/flax nonsense, raisins, and vanilla yogurt. I hate milk.
5. What is your favorite game? (Sure, it can be sports or board games or games of the mind persuasion)
I’m quite fond of the Fate Core rpg, but can’t seem to get a game going with anyone. I enjoy bicycling a fair amount. Not sure if that really counts as a ‘game’, since I don’t race or otherwise compete.
6. What color is the new Black?
Does there always have to be a ‘new x’? I’m pretty happy with black as black.
7. What is your favorite meal to COOK?
Cooking? Who likes cooking? Not me. I’m a baker. I looooove baking scones.
8. What is your favorite quote? What does it mean to you?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” -Eleanor Roosevelt.
A tough, brilliant lady, that one. This particular quote says to me that my self-image is my own responsibility and everyone who doesn’t like what I am, do, feel, think, or look like can pike off. It’s a challenge in our society to have this view, no matter who you are, and I strive for it as much as I can.
9. What actor plays the best villain?
I am a lousy judge of acting ability. Really. I suppose Jeremy Irons is pretty good, and Sir Anthony Hopkins. Tom Hiddleston, too. British actors. All of them. It’s the accent.
10. Who is your favorite author(s)? Why? What is their best work?
My most favoritest author ever? Eurgh. I have no idea. My reading preferences are fickle and change often. Generally, I cite Mercedes Lackey and Dean Ing as the authors I most consistently like. E. B. White probably influenced me the most, with Charlotte’s Web.
This is the part where I nominate people. I’m really so new to this that I barely follow anyone yet, so I don’t have 10 people to annoy with this. Here’s who I do have: A Woman’s Wisdom, Guild of Dreams, Musing Simplicity, Skimble’s Blog, Diana Castle. More power to ya if you all have 10 people to pass this on to. Since I’ve only got 5, I only wrote 5 questions. Seems fair to me.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Cats, dogs, or neither?
3. What author(s) do you obsessively read?
4. How do you take your eggs?
5. What’s your favorite Winter Olympics sport?